November 27, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts

Cityview Marketing & Membership Committee Meeting-

Saturday October 7th at 10:00 am

Agenda

In deference to keeping our meetings an hour long, we’ll be mo...

October 7th M&M Committee Meeting Agenda

October 3, 2017

1/2
Please reload

Featured Posts

Finance Mtg Jan 23, 2018

To see the google doc version, please click here. 

 

January 23, 2018:  FInance Meeting, 7 PM -

Corey, Celia, Nadja, Taften, Thomas, Kris, Ethan in attendance

 

Future meeting: Budget Meeting needs to happen before the 27th of Feb. Feb 6th will be the budget meeting and Feb 20th for leftover Budget & Finance Meeting.

 

Quickbooks Report - Arrears

  • Couple minor potential errors found in the reports; Corey to meet 1:1 with the individuals for correction

  • Two units account for more than half of our current arrears

    • Pending volunteer hours for Nov, Dec, Jan

    • Small group to meet with particular members to discuss plans on recapping/restoring financial confidence.

    • We would like to deliver demands for payment to both households. We have been very generous up until now with very little communication back.

      • The demand for payment needs to be re-written to not be all caps and to clarify other language.

      • Thomas will work with Corey to get that written up and get those delivered.

  • Money in reserves -- Can this be applied against our mortgage, reduce the time to complete?

    • Kris did not yet contact bank;

    • Some of the accounts may need to be applied against other projects (e.g. laundry fixes and replacements)

    • Namely, can the Savings Account values be applied against mortgage?

    • Concern is that currently it accrues very little value; even if put into a CD, it doesn’t have a large return; best idea might be to apply it against our large remaining principal on mortgage

      • Corey & Kris to take up communication to bank, get information by next Finance Meeting

  • Budget: When?

    • Kris: Meet in two weeks (after January Board meeting) to review 2018 budgetary plans for submission to the board

    • Some numbers are pending; Kris is compiling and collating these. Some insurance and accrual values are pending, and should be delivered before end of January

    • Celia: Definitely want to include the Reserve Study in the 2018 budget, as the information is very relevant and a powerful tool to be referenced every year for budgeting.

    • One reserve study suggest how much we should be depositing for reserves; suggests we double it, and add $10k per year, ultimately putting $100k / year in a matter of years to merely maintain the buildings

    • Expenditures and graphs need to be decided finalized for us to include into the budget and plan ahead; might mean changes and modifications to our budget

  • $600k in shares/bonds - Can this be traded or exchanged for even a form of value?

    • Thomas & Kris to email Alan to get this information, potentially pursue selling

  • Kris to email Kamala, our auditor, to introduce Corey & prepare for 2017 auditing actions (potentially)

  • Unexpected $4k in budget

    • Late fees? Money from Apartments (across the alley for trash sharing)?

Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags